These are some links to comics resources. Let me know of anything that should be added.
- BobPattonArt.com – local Iowa City cartoonist addressing many local and national political issues
- Comixology Comics App for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch.
- Comics.com – Advertising supported comics website with various popular comics.
- DCComics.com – “DC Comics is the largest and most diverse English language publisher of comic books in the world. Founded in 1934 as National Allied Publications, the company that would one day become DC Comics virtually created the comic book, publishing the first comic of all original material. Then, in the spring of 1938, the first super hero story appeared in ACTION COMICS #1, introducing SUPERMAN. Other soon-to-be icons would follow, including BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN, THE FLASH and many others. Today, DC Comics publishes more than 80 titles a month and close to 1000 issues a year. DC has several imprints spanning the gamut of graphic storytelling: The DC Universe is the home of DC’s peerless roster of super heroes; Vertigo caters to a more mature, literary readership; WildStorm offers a bold alternative take on heroic and adventure comics; and Zuda Comics is DC’s innovative digital imprint. DC is also the home of MAD Magazine, the best-known humor magazine in America. DC Comics is a division of Time Warner, the largest entertainment company in the world.”
- Dilbert.com by Scott Adams – “Dilbert is a composite of my co-workers over the years. He emerged as the main character of my doodles. I started using him for business presentations and got great responses. A co-worker suggested I name the character Dilbert. Dogbert was created so Dilbert would have someone to talk to.”
- FunnyTimes.com – “The Funny Times is a monthly forum for humor in a world gone totally insane. We read thousands of cartoons in order to find and collect the ‘best of the best’ each month. For 25 years we have searched out and brought on board the most hilarious minds of America. They supply us with delightfully funny, left leaning, intelligent humor which is guaranteed to make you laugh (or your money back! And as our accountant said, ‘That’s no joke.’). We work with hundreds of contributors. Every issue (September 2010 content) has more than 100 cartoons and at least a dozen written features. You will find your old favorites as well as up-and-coming artists you’ve never met before. When we started this newspaper back in 1985 it was just Susan, Ray, and a lot of chutzpah (which can be loosely translated as fearless stupidity.) Miraculously we’ve become successful. Come over to the “funny side” and join our more than 70,000 subscribers who love to laugh at us.” — Ray Lesser & Susan Wolpert | Publishers, Editors, and Troublemakers, The Funny Times
- WikiPedia – Comics